Happy June already. Dang!!! Where does the time go? It would take a super LOOOONG post to update everything that I would really like to, and no one wants to really sit through that... so maybe I can do a FAST run through.
1. I went to my parents grave on Memorial day with my daughters and sister .(first time since I've lived in Utah). It was SO nice. Here I am with my sista!
2. The wind decided that we needed to collect tumbleweeds... which are exotic here in Utah! They actually filled our porch and we had to kick them away just to get out of our house!
3. My daughter marched and played flute in her first parade - pretty sweet!
4. I was called as Relief Society President in my church (apparently, they don't realize how immature I am) which requires a lot of time - but I'm excited to serve.
5. Our dog had TWO puppies. They are SOOO cute. They just opened their eyes last week. Miniature Dachshunds.
6. Three nephews have gotten married this month! One in Oregon, One here, and one in Texas!
7. My brother who's lived in Texas for 12 years is moving here to Utah and will be fairly close to us now!!!
8. I've continued to run 2-3 times a week... up to 8 and then a new record 9.4 miles! My half marathon is in less than TWO weeks (July 7th). Booya!!!
9. My oldest son FINALLY got a job!!!! He really needed that and we're so thankful!
10. I survived a FIRE on the mountain just a couple miles from our home - just last week! (and didn't have to evacuate). Huge blessing... and it was quite an amazing display at night!
That about sums it up. I have a terrific running buddy, and there is a group of us who play basketball 3 times a week. SOOO fun! I also still get to go to girls camp next month with all the young women in our church which is cool. Life is good... it's just so crazy busy.
I have had some amazing ups and some devastating downs just in the last few short weeks. I am thankful to be busy and needed here in Utah... and I still do miss my friends in Oregon and think of them SOO often, but I'm thankful for the family I have here. One of my brothers came through town and while he was here all the other siblings here joined for get together at my house... five of the seven of us! So cool!!
My friend, Joy from Nuggets of Truth in Oregon, sent me a WONDERFUL surprise box with some goodies from the Hippie Chick half marathon that I was supposed to have run. She sent me a card, hat, sunglasses, lotion AND a rock for me too that says "Because of you... I can do hard things" That really made my day and gave me a boost I needed. Thanks so much Joy!! How wicked cool is that!!? I wore my NEW HAT on my record 9.4 mile run too!!! Because I can do hard things!!!!
Life is GOOD